Directions for Crossed Canoes Quilt Block
Crossed Canoes is a complicated looking block that is actually easy to piece using foundation paper piecing methods.
Help, I don't know how to do foundation paper piecing.
To piece the Crossed Canoes block, you will need four copies of this foundation.
This block uses two fabrics with a good contrast, Fabric A and Fabric B .
© Susan E Traudt 1994
- Piece two of the foundation blocks using Fabric A for piece #1 and Fabric B for pieces #2, #3, and #4 .
- Piece two of the foundation blocks using Fabric B for piece #1 and Fabric A for pieces #2, #3, and #4 .
- Using a rotary cutter and ruler, trim the four foundation blocks on the outer line. DO NOT remove the foundation paper yet.
- Join one foundation block to another foundation block forming a rectangle . Remove the foundation paper from the seam allowances only and press the seam to one side. Repeat with the other two foundation blocks.
- Join the two rectangles together to form the finished Crossed Canoes Block . Remove the foundation paper from the seam allowances only and press the seam to one side.
- Give the block a final pressing and remove the remaining foundation paper.
Four Patch Blocks *
World Wide Quilting Page